Enterprise Resource Planning
The ERP market is dynamic and thriving. Although ERP is not for everybody, solutions to fit any pocket book, in most any industries, do exist.
Cloud, on demand, freeware, on premise and hosted options are all available. However, not all products are a match for you! Ensuring that your implementer understands your industry and can advise you how to leverage your technology investment to improve your business should be part of your selection process.
To learn more about how ChainLink Research can help you with your ERP strategy, please contact us via email or call us.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Here are highlights from the ChainLink ERP library:
Epicor Insights 2016 --
At the annual user conference of Epicor Software, aptly called Insights, we saw their strategy for bringing along their customers as they continue to modernize their rich portfolio of mid-market enterprise solutions.
- Infor Alchemizing Legacy Solutions -- Infor provides a great example of ongoing reinvention of a software firm: taking a collection of decades old applications, leveraging the deep and rich functionality developed and lessons learned over generations of actual on-the-ground use, and migrating all that IP and knowledge into modern cloud/network-based architectures that can compete well against 'shiny new' best-of-breed applications.
NetSuite Manufacturing Capabilities Boosted by IQity Acquisition --
The recent acquisition of IQity is a major addition that adds a strong pillar to NetSuite manufacturing solution offerings.
ERP and Supply Chain Innovations for Retail at NRF 2016 --
At this year's NRF show, we saw some especially innovative new developments from ERP and supply chain vendors, such as behavior-based segmentation, automated allocation and replenishment, new clienteling capabilities, and ground-breaking work on user experience.
The Cost of Delay --
What are the real costs and impacts of delays in technology decision-making?
A Very Sweet Suite World --
NetSuite Declares the Cloud Wars Won at Suite World User Conference.
SAP Updates --
The Week of SAPPHIRE NOW: SAP, in many ways, not the same ole ERP.
Making Dollars and Sense Out of Ocean Container Data --
New SYSPRO U.S. Solution Rides Ocean Wave into Global Container Tracking.
Moving Off and Moving Up: (1-2)
SAP's New SMB Business Unit --
SAP's just-announced new business unit is aspiring to deliver simplicity, choice, and rapid ROI to small and mid-sized companies.
SYSPRO's Remarkable Journey --
Grape Escape features SYSPRO customers such as 1000Bulbs.com, Rochester Electronics and moreâ€¦
Plex Shows Off its Manufacturing Prowess --
PowerPlex 2014 highlighted how small and medium manufacturers are implementing quite sophisticated manufacturing solution capabilities.
The Aptean Revival --
When Aptean was formed two years ago, many wondered whether they would survive. Now, not only does their survival seem relatively secure, but they have a shot at meaningful growth. Their recent annual user conference illuminated some of their strategy going forward.
Highlights from SuiteWorld --
From new Omni-Channel capabilities, to integrated Service Resource Planning, great customer stories, and more, there were a lot of sweets at SuiteWorld.
Insights on Epicor --
Highlights from Insights--Epicor User Conference.
Infor Updates --
Infor hosted analysts for a stealth look at some of the new innovations in their labs in NYC.
Customer Story and SCM Highlights from SAP's Manufacturing Forum --
SAP's Manufacturing Industry Forum had excellent presentations by customers and SAP. Here we highlight one manufacturing customer's journey to transformation, as well as a presentation on SAP's supply chain management capabilities for manufacturers.
ERP 2014... The Path to Greatness --
As a new year dawns for the ERP market, the question to ask is: Is the ERP provider on the path to greatness - or not?
Another ERP Joins the Private Equity Ranks --
Enterprise software, at the end of the day, is fueled by investment money--public or private. Deals flow. But are these a good deal for customers?
SAP Manufacturing - Innovation Engine --
SAP's Manufacturing Strategy.
Customer Experience Is Not a Technology - Updates on SYSPRO --
SYSPRO executives discuss company strategy at Grape Escape.
- Architected for Business Change - What it Really Means: UNIT4's New and Old Vision -- UNIT4 updates at Grape Escape.
Plex Flexes Manufacturing Muscle --
Updates from PowerPlex 2013.
- ERP's Dilemma -- Tens of thousands of companies are still sitting on old ERP platforms. What will it take for them to upgrade?
- SuiteWorld 2013: NetSuite's Commitment to Manufacturing -- One of the main themes at SuiteWorld 2013 was NetSuite's commitment to building out its capabilities for manufacturers beyond what they have already done.
- Insights on Epicor -- Highlights from the Epicor 2013 Conference
- NEECOM -- Updates on the New England Electronic Commerce Users Group.
- Report: ERP Now! -- Evaluation on 60+ ERP packages for large, mid-market and smaller enterprises. Cloud vs. on premise solutions compared.
- Report: ERP for the SMB -- With a focus on small and midsized businesses, this report provides functional evaluations of the SMB ERP players, as well as some approaches to evaluation.
- Analytics Strategies Compared -- A look at different analytics approaches of some ERP providers.
- Report: Conquering the Inventory Dilemma -- Inventory management is not just the domain of supply chain. Many players in the corporation influence inventory strategy. This report provides new insights and approaches to getting inventory under control.
- Is it Time to Move Beyond ERP? -- Are social, mobile and search the new core of the Enterprise Solution?
- Report: Wholesale Distribution - Meeting the 21st Century Challenge -- The Wholesale distributor is a powerful segment of every economy. The speed of business and increased competition powered by the internet has increased the importance of, and the challenges for, this critical link in the global value chain. What are winning strategies to enable the wholesaler to grow and thrive?
- Who Owns the ERP Market? -- Private Equity purchases and consolidation of the ERP market.
For more on ERP . . .