Omnichannel and Home Delivery
Omnichannel business models pervade retail, wholesale distribution, and manufacturing sectors. Manufacturers and wholesalers, in addition to selling through their traditional retail or distribution customers, are increasingly selling direct to the end customer (consumers, businesses, or both) via the web, or in some cases with their own bricks and mortar stores. Retailers are not only delivering via parcel but doing click-and-collect, in-store fulfillment and returns, lockers, and more. This is radically changing the kinds of systems, processes, facilities, and expertise needed.
The last mile is not just an issue for retailers. Service providers and B2B product companies deliver and provide service to business--in a delivery window that has to make money for the firm. At the home, a plethora of service providers from installation, utilities, and home improvement, all have the same challenges. Yet retail is the catalyst for process and technology change today.
To learn more about how ChainLink Research can help you with Omnichannel and Home Delivery/Last Mile management, please contact us via email or call us.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
- Report: Optimizing the Customer Experience with Exceptional Home Delivery -- It seems everyone is getting into the home delivery game. Yet many of the biggest etailers and so-called disrupters in transportation are not showing a profit. In fact, for the shipperâ€”retailer, wholesaler, or brand manufacturerâ€”direct home delivery is eating away at the bottom line.
- 2016 -- A Year of Change -- Supply chain and technology hot spots for 2016.
- Tackling Profitable Fulfillment in 2016 --
2016 will be the year of reckoning for many retailers and manufacturers who do 'fulfillment at any cost.' Here are some insights on key elements required to fulfill profitability in today's increasingly demanding competitive environment.
Descartes and IFS make major acquisitions.
Omni Channel: Start Asking the Right Questions! --
So much has been written about Omni, but there hasn't been too much real guidance. ChainLink has provided actionable insights to help manufacturers, brand, and retailers think more deeply about Omni and develop strategies and methods for success.
- The Year of the Last Mile -- Demand-driven supply chains, new customer service models, and Omni-channel/free delivery are all driving up the cost of transportation. So what does last mile really cost?
- Report: Always On -- Peak Performance for Nonstop Businesses.
- Home Delivery Heats Up --
Home delivery is not a new phenomenon, yet doing it profitably is not a given. We spoke with some of the home delivery pros...
- Report: Home Delivery for Retailers - More Sales, Less Cost --
Home delivery services and same-day are driving retailers to rethink their processes.
- Report: Winning at Home Delivery --
Home delivery is the new battlefront in retail. In this report we uncover the myths and the best practices across the globe.